We are beginning this year's continuation of our project!
For 2012, under the project „Autumn of Middle Ages – spring of Renaissance – series of cultural and scientific events” we prepared the following events: - On 9th June, on the Market Square in Tarnów, a Medieval Fair „Not one king did follow this route” will take place – this is an outdoor event presenting Medieval craft and art as well as knights’ demonstrations and games. It will end with a concert This event is intended for the general public. People of all ages will find something for themselves. - More concerts of old music are planned for the 2nd quarter of this year as a proposal for music fans. They will be performed by renown artists in the exceptional scenery of the Castle in Dębno.
The exhibition called „In military need” is still open for visitors in the basement of the Castle in Dębno.
Last year, the following events were organised under the project:
- in Tarnów (in the Main Building and in the Ethnographic Museum), craft workshops were carried out (on old print, plaiting, metalsmithing, cooperage, pottery, armour making)
- in the Castle in Dębno, three concerts and workshops of Medieval and Renaissance music were organised
- in the Castle in Dębno, an exhibition on the history of weaponry called „In military need” was opened
- in Dębno, a great outdoor event called „European Knights’ Meetings” took place which attracted several thousand visitors.
- a series of educational meetings for young people was carried out in the City Hall in Tarnów which were very popular among the students of schools in Tarnów.